Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I think I can, I think I can...

...but I can't. Not on my own, at least.

I'm very proud. It's pretty bad. I'm also really good at hiding when I'm hurting, sick, annoyed, etc. About a week or two after winter break ended, at the beginning of February, I got sick. I had a headache for a solid week, felt nauseous and just all around miserable. No one knew. When I asked for prayer from my small group 2 or 3 weeks after I got sic (because I was still sick), they all were amazed that I had been sick at all. I don't generally want to open up and ask for help.

I can't do it on my own. Heck, I can't do anything on my own. I did all I could to get better from whatever I had (except going to the doctor...). Nothing I tried made the slightest difference. I had to slow down, ask God for help, and realize that I can't control even my own body.

It was quite humbling.

I hated it.

I wish I had control of myself. I don't like relying on anything, and I don't like having to trust anyone (both of which I think I've talked about in past posts). I need to learn to rely more on God and less on me.

Because I cannot do this without Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment