Monday, February 21, 2011

Confidence

Forgive me if I'm not completely coherent today (as opposed to... what? I'm rarely coherent. But that's besides the point). I've been pumping copious amounts of vitamin C through my body these past few days trying to get over whatever has been bothering me for the past, oh, 2, maybe 3 weeks? So again, forgive me if this post doesn't make sense.

I wrote ^ that paragraph, then was going to move on to whatever I had already written as the title... confidence. Shoot.

So, please allow me to rewrite that. Forgive me if I don't write as elegantly as I normally do today. I've been a tad under the weather, and little scatterbrained. It should still be good though

See, I write that and feel stuck up.(begin snotty, stuck-up accent here) Oooh, I'm such a good writer. I rock. Read myyyy blog! (end annoying accent) Besides, I don't think my blog is really that good. And I'm ok with that.

But confidence. Getting back on track. (You can tell my brain isn't quite working yet today. I'm jumping all over the place). I had a really good conversation with one of my good guy friends over winter break about relationships, guys and girls, and confidence. He told me that often really pretty girls aren't that attractive to him because they have no self-confidence. One of the biggest turn offs for him is when girls are constantly worrying how they appear to others. Likewise, I realized, I am often attracted to the guys who know who they are, and have accepted themselves. My friends (guy and girl) that I allow myself to get closer to, the ones I enjoy hanging out with, are people who love themselves. They don't have to put on a mask.

Now, I know everyone has self-confidence issues. I feel like a huge hypocrite writing this. I'm super good at pretending that I'm confident, when I'm not. But it's ok. I may not love who I am all of the time, but when I realize something I'm not happy about, I work to change it (in a healthy, non destructive manner). And I love who I am. Because you know what? God doesn't make mistakes. But he did make me. And he made you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment