Friday, January 7, 2011

Proverbs


I love proverbs, quotes, sayings, song lyrics, and Bible verses. Some of them have gotten me through some rather tough times, and I just wanted to put a few down that I really love. (I often write on myself, and emerged from solo on La Vida with a good 5 Bible verses on my arms and legs)
  • Do everything without complaining or arguing, that you may be blameless and pure, children of God in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe. (Philippians 2:14-15)
  • Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow/ Great is Thy faithfulness (Great is Thy Faithfulness)
  • When God places a burden upon you, He places His arms underneath you (Streams in the Desert)
  • When you see the rushing wind, feel the pouring rain, hear the thunder now, as the clouds roll in, when you're blinded by the lightning, do you also hear the still small voice? Saying "It's ok, you're not alone, you may be scared to death, but I won't let you go." You may think the sky above is falling, but can you hear Jesus calling? (Jesus Calling)
  • I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you. (Genesis 28:15)
  • You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you (Isaiah 26:3)
  • Incomparable, unchangeable, you see the depths of my heart and you love me the same. You are amazing God (Indescribable)
  • There's a peace I've come to know, though my heart and flesh may fail. There's an anchor for my soul; I can say "it is well" (I Will Rise)
  • Weeping may remain for a night, but Joy comes in the morning (Psalms 30:5)
  • I hear the savior say "Thy strength indeed is small. Child of weakness watch and pray, find in me thine all in all (Jesus Paid it all)
  • Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28)
  • To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket-- safe, dark, motionless, airless-- it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. (Four Loves)
  • You are one in a million, and you belong to me. And I want you to know that I'm not letting go, even when you come undone (More)
  • He is no fool to give up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose (Jim Elliot)
  • "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11)
  • A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her (Max Lucado)
  • True progress quietly and persistently moves along without notice (Saint Francis of Assisi)
  • I know a life without love is no life at all (Ever After)
  • When the night seems so long, throw your hands to the sky. You can sing new song, wipe the tears from your eyes. When you're weak He is strong. He can heal your wounded soul and calm the storm inside (Let Everything that Has Breath)
  • Courage is seeing your fear, in a realistic perspective, defining it, considering alternatives, and choosing to function in spite of the risks. (Contact: The First Four Minutes)
  • To step out of my comfort zone, into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is, and he's holding out his hand... and the voice of Truth says "Do not be afraid" (Voice of Truth)
  • Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance (James 1: 2-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment