Wednesday, January 19, 2011

EPIC CANOE

Encouragement
Prayer
In
Canoe
 
Care
Acknowledge
Notice
Open
Exhale (*ahh*)
 
Epic Canoe: our La Vida covenant. Most days on the trip, we would canoe most of the day, portage if we have to, then set up camp once we got to our site. We had to switch canoe partners every day, so we spent a lot of time with most people on the trip. Since there was so much time spent canoeing, our group decided that when we were canoeing, we would talk to our partner, and do EPIC CANOE with them. We would talk, encourage them, pray for them, and often come up with a Bible verse that summed up our conversation that day. That was the Epic part. Canoe was what we did every day all the time, sort of what we wanted the whole trip to be. We cared for each other, acknowledged the sovereignty of God, notice the needs of others around us, were open to God's words and His plan, and took time to relax and *sigh* exhale. It is almost definitely the best covenant that has ever been written (maybe after God's original one with Abraham... maybe).
 
"Liz," you may say, "La Vida was 5 months ago... why on earth are you posting this now??"
 
Well... I'm not sure. Maybe it's because I've been looking through my La Vida journal, and it just seemed relevant. Maybe I like to wait 5 months after a major event happens to post on it. But I think it's because I've been looking at how I live my day to day life, really examining it, and decided that it needs to change. I need to care for those around me more. I need to constantly be on my knees acknowledging God's sovereignty, and notice people around me, and their needs. I need to be more open to God's plan, and I need to keep the Sabbath day holy by finding time to *sigh* exhale. And although I'm no longer in a canoe daily, I am in college, and those both coincidentally start with the letter "C". So maybe I should encourage and pray for those around me in College. Just an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment