Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

I know, I know; it's cliche. But hey, there are things I'm thankful for. So I decided to make a list of a few things I'm grateful for. I'm grateful for much more than just this, but here's a start :) (These are in no particular order)


  1. Friends. I could go on and on about my friends, but instead I thought I'd make sub points. (Couldn't figure out how to make supoints... so that's what #2 is)
  2. a. When I can call them in the middle of the night just to talk.
    b. When they make me tea that they've been excited to save for finals because they know that I've had a rough week and am stressed.
    c. Who I can simply sit in silence with, and be comfortable with.
    d. Who will drive me to the airport at 5:45 in the morning.
    e. Who write me notes to make me smile.

    f. A roomate who is also a friend.
  3. A family, biological and not, that cares about me and loves me, whether I deserve it or not.
  4. Fun hats.
  5. Tea and its many different flavors (if you want to get me a Christmas gift, try tea ;))
  6. My Bible, and the freedom to proclaim my faith and go to a Christian college.
  7. Music.
  8. A weekend at home with my family and extended family.
  9. Becoming "Elizabeth" and "Bip" for a weekend again.
  10. Not having to go through a full body scan or patdown as I flew out of Boston yesterday.
  11. Jane Austen, J.K. Rowling, Francine Rivers, and other authors.
  12. Coloring books.
  13. Socks.
  14. My siblings.
  15. Photography, Picnik and Photoshop.
  16. Alliteration (and Poetry-- writing it, reading it, loving it)
  17. Joy
  18. Beginning to decorate for Christmas and listening to Christmas music.
  19. Sleeeeeeeep. And a comfortable bed.
  20. Disney movies.
  21. My laptop.
  22. Every pageview that I get on this blog.
  23. Good smelling things.
  24. Long showers (without having to wear flipflops)
  25. Swimming pools.
  26. Dried flowers. Live flowers too. Especially lilacs or roses.
  27. Pie (and my tv shows. Random? Kinda. Not when one is Pushing Dasies though! Mentalist, Glee, Psych are the ones showing now).
  28. LOVE
  29. Nalgene water bottles.
  30. Knowledge that God loves me, has a plan for me, and has more in store for me than I could ever imagine!

So I could go on and on, but I'm ready to fall into a food coma for the next few hours. And I don't want to bore you to death. Happy thanksgiving!! Don't forget to be thankful, and appreciate what you have instead of focusing on what you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment