Thursday, April 21, 2011

Encouragement

Day 39

While running the triathlon last weekend, I wasn't exactly the fastest person there. I actually got passed. More than once. Frequently. But, when people would pass me, some of them cheered me on, rooted for me and encouraged me. When I passed people who were standing on the side of the road, they also frequently cheered me on.

The next day, Sunday, I had small group. Our leaders of the week decided that for our group time, we were going to each write our name on a piece of paper, then pass the papers around. On each piece of paper, you wrote an encouraging note to whoevers paper it was. Later that night when I got my paper back, I had 9 encouraging messages on my paper.

Last night I was upset about some things that I can't see ever working out in the future. My friends reached out to me and through a process that included cuddling, smacking me and using encouraging words, I got out of the funk I had fallen into.

I am such a words of affirmation person. I love encouragement. I wouldn't be able to survive without it. None of us should.


Hebrews 3:13
"But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called "Today," lest any one of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin."

No comments:

Post a Comment