Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Weakness



At camp this last summer I won the scavenger hunt! I also managed to scratch myself up pretty badly. It also just so happened that it was the first day of camp, so the rest of camp I had to be careful not to reopen the cuts, which were pretty bad. Even with my care and caution, I still opened them a few times and bled through the bandages many times. I realized pretty quickly that I'm not invincible like I seemed to think I was. In fact, I can't really do anything on my own; I can't heal my cuts, I can't stop myself from aging, heck, I can't even make my hair grow faster! I am not in control. Yet I somehow think that I am. Somehow, I have this delusion that I can do anything. The Bible asks, "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? " The answer, of course, is none of us. None of us can do it alone. None of us are as in control as we like to think.  My scars from the week at camp remind me of that every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment